I’ve mentioned before that D-Man has a deep affinity for peanut butter. Another of his favorite treats are M&M’s. He loves those plain M&M’s in the brown bag. It never fails, when we’re in line getting groceries or checking out at our local Walmart store, he always has to have the M&M’s. So I had the bright idea to create an easy but delicious dessert
that incorporates the two, and even included a layer of chocolate ganache (which is so simple to make!). What goes better than peanut butter and chocolate, right? I also combined graham cracker crumbs with crushed pretzels for a crust and a layer of coconut underneath some sweetened condensed milk. One thing is for sure, this isn’t diet food! This is for that moment you want to indulge, and you want that rich, sweet and slightly salty flavor. Yes, this is the perfect dessert for those moments. Perfect for an office party, potluck, or even a kids party!
|The usual location where we pick up our M&M’s, right in the checkout aisle of Walmart!|
I love that you can switch out the M&M’s for various seasonal ones and use this recipe for the dessert for any special occasion or holiday. If you’re a Pinterest user, there’s even a fun contest right now with the Baking is Better with M Sweepstakes. You can win one of 3 $250 Walmart Gift Cards, see the end of this post for additional details.
Crust Layer Ingredients:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- one 12 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- one 1.69 ounce bag plain M&M’s
- one 1.74 ounce bag peanut M&M’s
Once firm and cooled, remove from refrigerator. Using the parchment paper, lift out of baking dish to slice.
Baking is Better with M Pinterest Sweepstakes
2. Pin the contest image to any of your own Pinterest boards
3. Visit the Baking with M Pinterest board and Re-Pin your favorites to enter http://www.pinterest.
Contest runs 12/06/13 – 12/31/13