There’s a few brands that I absolutely love and support wholeheartedly. Especially when it comes to cooking. My favorite kitchen and cooking brands are reputable and they put out products that work well with my family and the type of food that I like to feed them. More-so, when I notice a brand I already love getting behind causes that are important to me, it makes me want to sing their praises and share with everyone!
I’ve highlighted many times the various products in the Tyson Chicken line that I enjoy with my family and have also shared many different types of recipes that can be used with their line of products. I think it’s pretty accurate to say I’m a fan of the Tyson line of products, don’t you think? Well, recently while shopping at Safeway I noticed an awesome thing they were doing for Back to School. Safeway was promoting a Back to School 10% School donation program, and one of the brands they were using for this was Tyson. In addition to that, Tyson has a program as well! Tyson’s Project A+ Program is an easy way for your school of choice to get extra cash for whatever it needs to succeed.
It’s easy to get started. You just go online to see if your school is already participating. If they are, you add your name to the email mailing list, and if not then it’s easy to get your school registered. You just fill out a few key information items and you’re on your way. It’s important to take note, that in order for your school to get started a submission form would need to be send with at least 100 Tyson A+ Program clipped labels. These would be submitted to Tyson Foods, and after processing your school receive $.24 for each label Tyson receives. Isn’t that awesome? I think it’s fabulous. Besides, what school couldn’t use some extra cash? Even if you homeschool, there’s still ways to bring in some money for that!
- 1 bag Tyson Chicken Patties
- Whole Wheat Bread, two slices per sandwich
- chopped spinach
- 1 can sliced stewed tomatoes
- Monterey Jack Cheese, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Cook patties as directed
- For each sandwich, place sliced cheese on both slices of sandwich.
- Place one cooked chicken patty on one side of the sandwich over cheese.
- On the other side, place a little less than a handful of chopped spinach topped with 2-3 slices of stewed tomatoes (pat tomato slices down so they don’t soak your bread).
- Close sandwich and heat one tablespoon of butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once butter or margarine has melted, place sandwich in skillet and heat for a few minutes until bread is toasted.
- Remove sandwich from skillet and melt the other tablespoon of butter or margarine.
- Cook other side of sandwich in skillet. Cut and serve!
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bag Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breasts
- 3 cloved garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- season to taste with lemon pepper, garlic salt, cumin, paprika, dried basil and a few squeezes of lemon juice
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, sliced in small strips
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 steamed packet of rice (I used a brown with wild rice and quinoa mix)
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
- Melt butter in large skillet and drizzle olive oil over medium heat
- Place frozen chicken fillets in skillet with garlic and onion and let saute for a few minutes
- Add seasonings, to taste
- Add veggies and stir around. Cover for a few minutes to let chicken cook all the way and help steam the veggies.
- Steam the packet of rice according to instructions
- Once chicken and veggies are complete, place cooked rice in casserole dish, topping with chicken, veggies and any pan drippings.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, and serve!
Melissa Libertad says
Yummy as always! I love all these ideas you have been giving us with Tyson chicken products. They are so easy to do and fast in a pinch. lol.
I will keep this program in mind when Doll Face starts going to school.
Your recipes look great and I love reading about how Tyson and Safeway are giving back!