Did you know that I have a “thing” for coffee? I’m pretty sure I’ve shared my
obsession love for all things coffee before, but if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram then I’m sure you know just how deep my love runs (pretty deep – like, it runs through my veins!). Well, since I love my coffee just that much, I decided to invite a few friends over for a coffee party. What better way to catch up on what we’ve been up to and have some great girl talk than over a cup of java. I, for one, cannot think of anything better!
I’m going to give you another little secret about myself, in addition to loving coffee, some afternoons and evenings I fantasize about my cup of coffee the following morning. That moment when I sit down with my cup of coffee, usually before the kids are awake and I open my laptop and start my work – yes, that’s my absolute favorite time of day. If I could, I’d drink far more than my 1-2 cups a day. However, I’d go broke buying coffee and creamers and anything in excess isn’t good. So, I arm myself with oversized mugs and limit the intake as best I can.
I digress. One afternoon while browsing at my local Safeway, I noticed the Gevalia coffee was on sale. In addition to that, when I logged into my Safeway account I had an additional $1.00 off. I decided to pick some up when I saw they had the flavored coffees, especially since my husband and his mother have always raved about Gevalia and the smooth taste. I thought it would be fun to have a few friends come and taste test just how smooth these flavors were, and add our own little touches to our mug while bonding over some brunch style desserts! Perfect start to a great day, right?
In addition to the Gevalia, I also picked up a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and some cookies and donuts. I also whipped up my 7-Up cake, some banana-chocolate chip muffins adapted from my banana bread, and some strawberry muffins (I’m sharing the recipe below!). I served this delicious spread with some veggies and dip. I have to say, we had a fabulous time! There was definitely no bitter taste to this coffee, it was delicious and smooth. We had so much fun making our own special cups of coffee and adding all the delicious touches and flavors. I liked the vanilla coffee with the toffee almond creamer, some other liked the chocolate with the vanilla creamer, or the vanilla and vanilla. We all topped it off with whipped cream, caramel drizzle and mini chocolate chips. I even made some little star shaped ice cubes for anyone who wanted their coffee over ice. The flavors were all amazing, and everyone was so excited we were all raving about what tasted best with which flavors.
|Our lovely spread for a delicious brunch!
|More of the delicious spread!
|Gevalia, good food, and good friends! Fun!
|Seriously, what’s better than this? Anything?!
|Check out my recipe below for these delicious Strawberry Streusel Muffins!
Strawberry Muffins Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop strawberries, place in bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, sugars and cinnamon).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients (oil, milk, egg and extract).
- Prepare streusel by combining all ingredients, then cutting into butter with a pastry cutter (or fork). Set aside.
- Stir chopped strawberries into dry mixture, until covered.
- Pour dry ingredients (plus strawberries) into the bowl of wet ingredients.
- Place mixture into liners, then top liberally with streusel topping.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
|Cheers to friendship & good coffee!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.