This super Easy One-Pot Lasagna Soup recipe brings all of the flavor of a traditional lasagna and combines it into an easy to put together soup with less mess!
I realized the other day that I’m often creating recipes for convenience based on what time of year it is. January is always the longest month for us, and we have family birthdays at the beginning and the end of the month. We’re usually getting back into a routine after the holidays as well as trying to eat a bit mindfully after the holiday season. Of course, all while enjoying game day foods on the weekends.
But really, with parenthood it’s kind of always busy, right? It’s just different circumstances during various times of the year, but honestly I think we all just want something easy to cook for dinner whenever we need to while we are going through what we’re going through. I get it, friends. This easy one-pot lasagna soup is it too. Even the kids love it!
This soup really does have it all! Fun noodles, creamy sauce, tons of flavor, lots of cheese – and it all comes together in just one pot. Nothing could be easier! Butter up some french bread while it simmers and sprinkle some garlic salt and herbs on it and throw it in the oven for a few minutes, then you have yourself a delicious dinner with almost no effort. For whatever busy season you’re in!
If you’ve seen my Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe you might be familiar with the many delicious recipes that were shared towards the end in the “Houseful of Cookies” link share. Well we’re doing it again, but this time with soup! Scroll down for my recipe for this Easy One-Pot Lasagna soup recipe, then be sure to stick around at the endfor all the rest of the soup recipe ideas!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One lb ground beef (or turkey)
- one yellow onion, chopped
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground celery seed
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 8-10 broken lasagna noodles
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil or Italian parsley
- Begin by adding olive oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Once oil had warmed and has a slight sheen to it, add the ground meat to the pot to brown.
- Break up the ground meat with a spatula or wooden spoon as you brown it. Once the meat is mostly browned, add the onion.
- Stir well to combine, stirring occasionally until onions are softened and slightly opaque.
- Add salt, smoked paprika, black pepper, celery seed and red pepper flakes and stir well together.
- Add garlic and saute for another minute or so. Deglaze the pan with Balsamic vinegar before adding the crushed tomatoes, petite diced tomatoes (with liquid), and the tomato paste.
- Add all the herbs, including the basil, marjoram, rosemary, and thyme, along with the sugar.
- Stir well to combine and add a half cup of chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for ten minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken a bit.
- Add the rest of the chicken broth (5½ cups) along with the broken lasagna noodles. Stir well, then bring to a boil again, lowering heat to simmer once it starts to boil. Continue to simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then stir in the half cup of heavy cream before serving.
- Top with Mozzarella shredded cheese, Parmesan shredded cheese, and ricotta, then sprinkle with fresh herbs like chopped parsley or basil.
What is Houseful Of Soups?
Houseful of Soups is a new creation from Natasha of Houseful of Nicholes. She’s enjoyed the many amazing recipes shared, she decided to expand through various months and soup was perfect for January! Read on for all of the goodness!
Houseful Of Soups
- Neckbone Stew – Houseful of Nicholes
- Sweet Potato + Black Eyed Peas Stew – This Worthey Life
- Easy Creamy Tomato Soup – Big Crazy Life
- Slow Cooker Beef & Vegetable Stew – Ashley & Company
- Sweet Potato Carrot Soup – Someday I’ll Learn
- Corn Chowder Soup – Day By Day In Our World
- Super Simple Cauliflower Soup – Good Girl Gone Redneck
- 20-Minute Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup – Life of A Ginger
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup – 100 Directions
- Pasta e Fagioli – More Than Thursdays
- Easy One Pot Lasagna Soup – Mama Harris’ Kitchen
- Super Easy Egg Drop Soup – Eat Picks
- Jonah’s Float A Seafood Soup – food:life:love
- Instant Pot Chili – Simplify Live Love
- Easy Gumbo Recipe – Divas With A Purpose
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup – My Crafty Life
- Haitian Soup Joumou – Anointed Heels
Also, if you love this recipe don’t forget to PIN it to your favorite board on Pinterest!
(Just hover over the picture below and click “Pin it”)