For holidays and special occasions, I hold a very special place in my heart for dishes that I can make that are both affordable and don’t utilize the oven. Since oven space is often a hot commodity, I love recipes that use the slow cooker or Instant Pot.. and that’s also why I LOVE this Slow Cooker Creamed Corn.If you’ve ever had creamed corn out of a can, I can assure you this recipe is nothing like that. I didn’t even like creamed corn until I was in my 30’s and discovered it was so different when made from scratch rather than from a can. It’s a world of difference! Using plenty of seasonings, herbs and spices, and adding bacon and pimentos really make this dish pop. It’s a great option for feeding a crowd, and if you have a slow cooker like mine that locks, it also travels easily if you’re given the task of bringing the side dish to your festivities.
With just a handful of ingredients and some additions to spice it up, this is truly a dish that just creates itself. This was such a hit over Thanksgiving that I made it for Christmas as well, and even some non holiday party dinners because we just loved it so.
Start by adding the drained corn to the slow cooker along with the milk, spices, salt and pepper and the drained pimentos. Stir well to combine everything.
Top with most of your cooked crumbled bacon, the cream cheese and butter. Set your slow cooker on high for two hours or low for four to six hours – be sure to stir after an hour of cooking to really get everything mixed in together.
Once everything is done, allow the dish to cool a bit, then transfer to a serving bowl topped with some chopped parsley for garnish. Enjoy!
HELPFUL TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE / ITEMS PICTURED:
Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Programmable Set & Forget Slow Cooker
Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
*These are affiliate links, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase or sign up for a program, I may earn a commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
This recipe is adapted from the Delish – Best Slow Cooker Creamed Corn Recipe
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 5 (15 oz) cans corn, drained
- 1 large jar (4 oz) drained diced pimentos
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon dry basil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- ⅓ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Cook bacon until crispy, drain, then break into small pieces.
- In a slow cooker add the drained corn, drained pimentos, milk, sugar, dry basil, smoked paprika, sea salt, black pepper.
- Stir well until combined, then top with 6 of the crumbled slices of bacon, cream cheese, and butter.
- Cover and seal the slow cooker, set on high for two hours or low for 4-6 hours. After one hour of cooking, stir well, then cover for the remaining time.
- Garnish with the 2 slices of crumbled bacon and some fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
What’s your favorite special occasion side?
Do you love using the slow cooker for special occasion sides? I’d love to read your thoughts in the comments, and while you’re here you can view my Amazon Store for more products that I personally use and love!
Also, if you love this recipe don’t forget to PIN it to your favorite board on Pinterest!
(Just hover over the picture below and click “Pin it”)