Thanksgiving is one of my favorite Holidays of the year. Family getting together, delicious food, all during my favorite season, Autumn. All of my favorite things come together perfectly during this time of year, and now I get to share that love with you!
Over the next week I’ll be doing things a little different around here. I plan on posting many recipes that relate to the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday, but many don’t have pictures just yet. Of course these are my favorite recipes that I do include in my Thanksgiving menu, I just don’t have my typical step by step photos that you’ve probably become accustomed to if you follow me regularly. I may have a snapshot or two of the finished dish from last year, or I may not have any photos just yet, so bare with me! Some of these are delicious recipes that you just have to include in your Holiday menu rotation, so I’ve decided I’ll post the recipes now, and follow up the post later with my actual photos from this years Holidays. That’s a win/win!!
I will also be posting a bit more frequently over the next few days, so I can be sure to get all the yummy goodness in! So stay tuned!
First up is this AMAZING slow cooker stuffing. It is delicious, and so flavorful. You would never even guess it was made in the slow cooker, and what’s better is this frees up your stove top and oven to make room for all the other delicious dishes you’re creating. You won’t want to pass this up!
- 1 cup unsalted butter or margarine
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12-1/2 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onion, celery, mushroom, and parsley in butter, stirring frequently until onions are soft and slightly clear.
- Spoon the cooked vegetable over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl.
- Season with poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, marjoram, and salt and pepper.
- Pour in enough broth to moisten, then mix in the eggs.
- Transfer mixture to the slow cooker, then cover.
- Cook on high for 45 minutes. Then reduce heat to low and cook for 4 to 8 hours.