I’m so excited that the weather is beginning to warm up! Allergies have been horrible this Spring, so I am definitely looking forward to summer. When things heat up I find other ways to prepare dinners and meals that don’t utilize the oven. These Herb Roasted Instant Pot Potatoes are honestly a great side dish all year round, but they’re a great addition to a juicy grilled steak or pan fried fish this summer.
I’ve had my Instant Pot for about a year and a half now. I remember when I first got it, I was so excited to play with it and experiment, but I was also a bit overwhelmed by all it could do. There are TONS of recipes out there already that also overwhelmed me, but I’ve found some really awesome ways to utilize this fun gadget, and creamer potatoes have to be one of our favorite side dishes I’ve made in it.
These little potatoes come together in no time at all. I like to use the trio creamer potatoes because of the beautiful colors, they’re usually found in a small pouch by the russets and sweet potatoes at your grocery store. We lightly saute the potatoes in some olive oil to crisp the skin just a bit before cooking them under pressure.
If you’ve followed me for any amount of time, you know I love to use lots of herbs and spices. I love savory, smoky and rich flavors and these potatoes definitely fall under that category. I’ve combined all of my favorite seasonings, but feel free to substitute if there’s any you aren’t sure about.
Once the skin is a bit browned and slightly crisped on the potatoes, add in the seasonings and stir them in well. Then add 1/2 a cup of chicken broth, not only does it provide some more depth to these potatoes, you also need that liquid to create the pressure to cook the potatoes with.
Now of course it does take a few minutes for the pressure to build once the lid is locked and sealed, but then it’s just 8 short minutes to cook. This can be a side dish for a 20 minute main dish, super ideal for weeknight busy dinners!
So, some of my family members don’t even wait till these potatoes make it to their dish. They pick them off the serving dish and pop them in their mouth like candy. Every time I make this their eyes light up, so it’s quickly become a favorite!
HELPFUL TOOLS FOR Herb Roasted Instant Pot Potatoes / ITEMS PICTURED:
*These are affiliate links, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase or sign up for a program, I may earn a commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
This recipe is adapted from the Onion Rings & Things – Instant Pot Herb Roasted Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 lb trio creamer potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried dill
- ¾ teaspoon dry basil
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon dry parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- (optional) Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
- Press the "saute" button on the Instant Pot, then add the extra virgin olive oil when the screen says "hot".
- Wash and pat dry the potatoes, then carefully add to the heated olive oil in the pot and saute for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the potatoes start to crisp on the skins just a bit, add the seasonings and spices and stir together well.
- Add the chicken broth, give it one last stir, then press the "cancel" button to power it off.
- Place the lid on the pot, lock it in place, slide the valve to the "sealing"position. Press the "manual" button, and set the cooking time to 7 minutes using the arrows.
- Once the Instant Pot is done it will beep. Let it stay at warm for a minute or two, then do a quick release by pressing "cancel" on the touch pad and slide the valve to "venting".
- Once fully vented, unlock the lid and give the potatoes a bit of a stir before transferring to a serving dish. Serve with Parmesan cheese (optional) and be careful, they are hot!
WHAT would you serve with these potatoes?
Do you have a favorite summertime main dish that you put together, whether it’s on the grill or the stove top? I’d love to read your thoughts in the comments, and while you’re here you can view my Amazon Store for more products that I personally use and love!
Also, if you love this recipe don’t forget to PIN it to your favorite board on Pinterest!
(Just hover over the picture below and click “Pin it”)