This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SplashofDelight #CollectiveBias
Every year this season is a busy one, this year has been no exception. Spring is always my favorite season, with more sunshine and pretty flowers, less wind and rain. It’s also when we celebrate often, between two of our kids’ birthdays, my birthday and Mr. Harris’ birthday, Easter, Mother’s Day – it’s a busy time for us! It’s also a time when we’re looking back at old memories and creating new ones, but sometimes this mama can get tired. Planning all of these events and dealing with all that comes when the school year is winding down means that I often need a pick-me-up. You all know my love for coffee runs deep, but the coffee isn’t the only important part of my cup. The creamer can make or break a good cup of coffee.
Now, I prefer a bit of variety in my creamers. Sometimes I might want a more traditional rich and creamy French Vanilla flavor that sweet and mellow. Others I might want to indulge a bit with Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream flavor that’s a more sweet indulgence reminiscent of rich, fresh homemade ice cream. I’ve even been known to splash both International Delight® creamers in the same cup!
Not only do I practically run on coffee, I also love to bake. No matter how busy life might get, there’s something soothing and calming to me about baking. Every single time it amazes me how just a few simple ingredients can combine to create such delicious little treats, and quick breads are one of my favorites. Since the Spring season can get so busy and we always have something going on, it’s great to have something you can slice and serve to unexpected company, or to sit down with during a quick moment alone to savor with your favorite cup of coffee.
This cinnamon swirl quick bread is a special one, because it combines those two favorite International Delight® creamer flavors that I love, the Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream is added to a simple bread batter and really enhances the taste. No extracts are needed! Add it the bread batter to a loaf pan, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans to create a streusel swirl in the middle of the bread, and then top the bread with the rest of the cinnamon brown sugar mixture.
I created a glaze with powdered sugar and French Vanilla flavor to pour all over the top of the bread. Once the bread is cooled the glaze hardens just a bit and the bread is a dream. It’s like a coffee cake and a cinnamon roll combined into a glorious slice of bread. It’s the perfect pairing to an afternoon cup of coffee over ice and great conversation with a good friend.
This particular cup of coffee was made over ice and I used a frother for the creamer to make it thick like whipped cream. Add just a bit of sweetener and some cinnamon sprinkles, served with a couple slices of cinnamon swirl quick bread and a few orange slices and we have a scrumptious start to the day.
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons International Delight® French Vanilla
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the cinnamon streusel and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients (flour, sugars, baking powder, salt), then stir them together until well combined.
- In another mixing bowl, add the International Delight® Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream, milk, oil and egg. Whisk together until smooth, then slowly add to the dry ingredients while mixing together.
- Prepare a medium loaf pan (about 8.5 x 4.5) by spraying with non-stick spray and add about half of the bread batter to the pan. Spoon half of the streusel into the pan, then top with the remaining bread batter. Use a butter knife to spread the streusel and create a slight marble effect. Sprinkle the remaining streusel ingredients on top of the bread, then bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes. Once a toothpick inserted comes out clean, it's done.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and as it cools, prepare the French Vanilla Glaze.
- Once cooled, remove the bread from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled (but still warm to touch) pour the glaze over the top of the bread, letting it drip a bit down the sides. Let bread cool completely before cutting into it.
- Serve with coffee (cold or hot) and enjoy!
What’s your favorite creamer flavor?
Be sure to share in a comment, and you can find the flavors I’ve shared here and more at your local Walmart in the dairy aisle.
Don’t forget to save for later by pinning the image below. Just hover over the photo and click “pin it” to save to your favorite Pinterest board.
Carolyn West says
Wish I had a piece right now with my coffee. #client