Disclosure: I was provided free product from Pillsbury to try and was not compensated for this post. All thoughts are my own.
|My Pizza Night kit came complete with an apron, product coupons for
Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crusts, a cutting board and pizza cutter, and
an oven mitt. Complete with an adorable tote!
A few weeks ago I shared all about my visit to Pillsbury Kitchens with you. I had such a wonderful time visiting and seeing all of the behind the scenes action at Pillsbury, and even developing my own recipe right in their test kitchens!
Recently Pillsbury sent me my very own pizza kit to create my own family pizza night together with my kids. Needless to say they were all over this idea! We talked ingredients and discussed what we each wanted on our pizzas. My bigger kids donned our Pillsbury aprons and we went to work.
First up was the kids pizza. Pepperoni, mushroom and olive on a classic pizza crust. Pillsbury crusts are easy to work with, and cook quickly. You pre-bake in the oven for a few minutes, load on your toppings, then bake a little longer. Super easy and done in less time than it would take for you to call in an order for delivery. Not only that, but my kids had fun loading all that pepperoni on the pizza. Take a look.
Pepperoni, Mushroom, Olive Pizza Ingredients:
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- one 8 ounce package sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
After the kids pizza, we made another one for the adults and older children. We decided on a garlic chicken pizza, complete with Alfredo sauce with a bit of pesto mixed in, as well as plenty of fresh veggies. Red onion, green bell pepper, tomatoes, and spinach all on the Pillsbury Artisan Wheat crust. It was delicious!
Garlic Chicken Pizza on Artisan Wheat Crust Ingredients:
- 1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Artisan Whole Grain pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1 tablespoon traditional pesto sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1/4 small red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 roma tomato, cut into thin wedges, deseeded
- 2 tablespoons lightly sauteed spinach
We had a fun and successful family pizza night, all thanks to Pillsbury!
I have two more ideas in store that I’ll be creating next week the rest of our pizza crust! Stay tuned.