Last week I went out of town for a few days. My last few days with the kids I was busy packing and getting our household prepared to run without me, so meals were light and easy – perfect for summer.
While I was preparing to head over to my local Safeway store, I noticed that they were having a pretty amazing sale going on. Many of the items on sale were everyday dairy products and they were some of our favorites. For June Dairy Savings, if you purchase $15 or more in participating products, you will receive a coupon for $5 off your next shopping trip. This is a great way to stock up on some great dairy products to create some fabulous summer meals and recipes with!
Since I live in a small town, Safeway is only one of two stores that are open 24 hours, and often I find myself shopping late at night when the kids are sleeping in order to get everything done! Needless to say, it’s where I do a majority of my grocery shopping and utilize my club card with all of my personalized deals too.
I decided to take advantage of this great sale, and pick up some items that will be fun and easy (my favorite in the summertime) for my family. For more about my Safeway shopping trip, check out my Google+ album! You can also follow Safeway on either Twitter or Facebook.
- 2 cans tuna
- 1-1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise (I use light mayo)
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red onion, chopped
- garlic salt, to taste
- lemon pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- one sourdough loaf
- 2-3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1-2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- Kraft Singles Cheese Slices
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, per sandwich
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 package Mini Cajun Style Andouille
- a few pinches of shredded cheese
- sprinkle Parmesan cheese
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamon Almond Breeze Milk
- 1 single serving Dannon Activia Peach flavored yogurt
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 mango, skin removed and pitted
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple